Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!  Last night my husband and I brought in the new year with some of our lovely friends.  THANK YOU to the amazing hosts who put a lot of time and effort into making this NYE a memorable one.  My crafty-little-biatch-of-a-friend, Jenny brought a beautiful, homemade ice bowl for her shrimp.  This fantastic idea kept the shrimp and cocktail sauce ice-cold all evening.  Don't have cocktail sauce in the fridge?  Try this:

Ingredients
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tbsp horseradish
splash of lemon juice

Method
Mix in a bowl.  Chill for at least 30 minutes to let the flavours come together.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Jill. The one thing that I will add that I learned that night is that as the ice ring melts and combines with the shrimp sauce on the plate it doesn't look so pretty. I guess the solution would be to force feed it to everyone quickly so that it doesn't have time to melt into the sauce, haha. Live and learn I guess.