Monday, January 31, 2011

Frittata

Frittata makes me think of the "The O.C."... Sandy was a Frittata man.  I'm fairly certain the only person that will understand this is my university room mate who would watch The O.C. with me, religiously before, between and after our lectures.  When I came home and realized that I had 2 dozen eggs in my fridge I had to figure out something to have for dinner that contained a lot of eggs.  Frittata it was.  I'd never made or eaten frittata before, but I will certainly keep it in the rolodex of easy, go-to recipes.  Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Ingredients
6 eggs, beaten (that's what she said)
1/4 c grated cheese (I used Parmesan and mozza)
1.2 tsp pepper
pinch of salt
1 tsp butter
1/2 c broccoli, chopped
1/2 c fresh spinach,  chopped
2 tbsp onion, minced
1/3 tsp dried parsley

Method
Preheat oven to broil setting. In medium size bowl, using a fork, blend together eggs,cheese, pepper, and salt. Heat 12-inch non-stick, oven safe saute pan over medium high heat. Add butter to pan and melt. Add veggies and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour egg mixture into pan and stir with rubber spatula. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the egg mixture has set on the bottom and begins to set up on top. Sprinkle with parsley. Place pan into oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned and fluffy. Remove from pan and cut into 6 servings. Serve immediately.
*Next time I'll add tomato and meat to the mixture.  Perhaps some turkey bacon or cubed ham. 

No comments: