Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Balls.

My sister-in-law will gag when she reads this, but I'm 99.99% certain that peanut butter and chocolate is the absolute BEST combination ever. Care to challenge me and my highly valid statistic? In my opinion, every dessert should have some form of P.B in it. Today was yet another snow day for us teachers so I decided to try out a dessert that I've never attempted to make before. Peanut butter balls it was. Holy $&!^, these things are amazing!  I'm pretty sure I'll be dreaming of these balls tonight. (that's what she said).

Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup butter
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cups rice crispy cereal
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
*makes 2 dozen

Method

Melt peanut butter and butter in saucepan, over low heat. In large bowl, mix crispy rice cereal and confectioners' sugar well. Pour melted peanut butter and butter over cereal and sugar and blend together thoroughly. Form into 1 inch or smaller balls, spread on cookie sheets, chill till firm in refrigerator. Melt chocolate in double boiler (or microwave - but keep an eye on it! Stir often)  Coat balls with chocolate and place on cookie sheet and chill until firm. balls. firm. ha! 

4 comments:

sugarplum14 said...

Mmm.. I want some of your balls! lol

JILL said...

thats what they all say....

Leilea said...

OMG I husband would love these balls , he is a chocolate, peanut butter balls kind of guy (and YEs thats what she said)
Leilea

JILL said...

HAHA! Well played Leilea! You should definitely make these. They are super easy and a huge hit. I had people over last night and these went so fast! Hope he likes them :) xo