Sunday, February 13, 2011

Taco Dip with Homemade Seasoning

A relatively last minute get together with my lovely sister and brother-in-law is happening here shortly to watch the Grammy's.   I needed a quick appetizer type recipe with items I have laying around.  I came up with a quick, make-shift  layered taco dip recipe.  There are a million and one recipes out there for this type of thing but this is what I created.  Hope it tastes good....

Taco Seasoning
Ingredients

1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. crushed dried red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp group cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
pepper to taste

Method
Mix everything together. Wow, difficult eh?
Taco Dip
Ingredients
taco seasoning (see above)
1 package light cream cheese
3/4 c low fat sour cream
3/4 c salsa
1 cup lettuce, shredded
3/4 c old cheddar cheese, grated
guacamole (click HERE for my recipe)

Method
Mix taco seasoning, cream cheese and sour cream thoroughly.  Spread on bottom of dish.  Spread guacamole on top.  Pour over salsa.  Sprinkle lettuce and finish with the grated cheese.  Ideally this should sit for a few hours before serving to let the  spices activate and diffuse.  Serve with tostitos. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it too late for me to come over and try? Just teasing, looks really good. Hope you had a great night watching the Grammys.