Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday night in...

I thought pumpkin spice lattes would be a perfect treat while lounging on the couch with the hubby, especially after the fantastic fall weather we had today.  Starbucks sells these lattes every fall and they are AMAZING.  My new school is about 3 kms away from a Starbucks which is a tad dangerous for me (& my bank account).  I looked at a few different recipes and came up with this one.  It turned out fantastic!  I will definitely be making these again....and again.....and again....

Pumpkin Spice Lattes for 2

2 c milk
2 tbsp pumpkin puree
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
sprinkle of cinnamon
sprinkle of nutmeg
1 c strong brewed coffee (I doubled the amount of coffee grinds that we usually use & chose decaf)

Brew coffee.  In a sauce pan over medium heat warm milk, sugar and pumpkin, constantly whisking.  Do not bring to a boil because you don't want to burn the milk. Remove from heat and add vanilla and spices. Whisk until frothy (or blend for 15 seconds).  Pour into two mugs and add coffee.  We didn't have any in the house, but you could add whipped cream to the top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God Jill--this sounds amazing
My mouth is watering as we speak. I will try this the next time we have a family event. Of course, one must have loads of whipped cream. To me, these things are only a vessel to get the cream.

Love you,
Mom