Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Home alone.


Being married to a farmer means that I spend a lot of time alone, especially during the most beautiful days of the year.  I find cooking dinner for one can be a challenge so I often find myself putting together plates of randomness.  Tonights dinner - - a bowl of homemade guacamole with corn chips.  Took me right back to being in Los Cabos, poolside with a ice cold beer, fresh guacamole and pipping hot, greasy corn chips. YUM!

Guacamole

1 ripe avocado
1/2 tomato, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp lime juice from concentrate
1 tbsp diced red onion
salt & pepper to taste

Throw all ingredients together in a bowl, smush with a folk. Eat.

4 comments:

Jen Omstead said...

ohhh Cabo,, I have tried making the guac,, but its just not as good as in the sun xoxoxo love you xoxoxo

Jenny said...

Love the American Gothic image, nice tie in! Would be a great halloween for you and E!

JILL said...

Jenny, you read my mind! I am totally thinking this is what we'll be this year. Easy and cute. Just like me. HAHA! :)

Jill

Jinny said...

Jill, I am commenting on the American Gothic picture. When you got married, I tried desperately to get a framed print as a gag wedding gift for you and Eric. I was unable to do so in Canada but sources it out from the U.S. at an unbelievable price. I bet you are glad I was unable to get it.

Love Mom