Sunday, October 3, 2010

Makeshift Beef Back Ribs

Earlier in the week I took beef back ribs out of the freezer to thaw out.  I ended up planning meals incorrectly and had to cook them after dinner on Thursday night. I threw them into the crock pot and starting tossing random ingredients in and hoped for the best.  When the ribs were finished I stored them in the fridge.  I was actually happy that I cooked them ahead of time because the fat solidified and I was able to remove it before we reheated them for dinner tonight (350 degrees for 25 minutes).  They turned extremely tender and very flavourful.

Beef back ribs (I used a rack of 10)
1 c Diana Sauce (or your fav BBQ sauce)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tbsp honey Dijon mustard
1/4 c honey
1/4 c water
salt and pepper

Mix all items (except the ribs) together in a bowl.  Place ribs in crock pot and pour sauce over top.  Turn slow cooker on high for 3 hours.  After 3 hours put on low for 1 hour.  Be sure to baste ribs at least 3 times while they are cooking.  A great meal to have with a beer!  Enjoy!

No comments: