Friday, July 15, 2011

Tazo Chai Latte

I've mentioned before the many benefits of living in the country - - the serenity, solitude, space, the views, however this does not change the fact that the closest Starbucks is a 20 minute car ride. If I owned a teleporter and Starbucks didn't charge $42 for a small coffee I'd be hittin' that everyday. I have to say, part of the fun of paying and arm and a leg for a latte was getting that special little uplifting quote on the side of my cup.  Because of the recent branding changes I no longer get that spirit lifter. Thanks a lot Starbucks....I digress.

So there I was at Walmart a few days ago. (For the record I try my best to steer clear of Walmart but every so often my errands take me there) and I had a Life.changing.moment. ok, ok, ok, maybe a week changing moment. Tazo, the tea that Starbucks uses has a Chai tea latte concentrate for sale.  A good friend of mine has been using if for quite sometime, however I always assumed she was purchasing a Starbucks brand concentrate that I definitely didn't want to get in the habit of purchasing. It's currently on sale for $6.97 for a 32 oz jug, which makes roughly 7-8 large lattes. It's 70 calories for the concentrate and you use about 1 cup of milk.  Overall a not-too-bad-for-you-treat that tastes great and is cheaper then the real thing. I should probably open a franchise of Starbucks, it might save me a couple bucks.

Milk Frother
My latte loving friend not only gave me a Starbucks gift card for my Birthday last month, but also a milk frother.  A homemade latte truly isn't the same without using this.  They can be purchased in the kitchen section of any department store and usually run between $10-$20.  Thanks KP.

Figures that my longest blog post of all time is about lattes.     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Jill, thanks for the shout-out!
xox KP