Friday, July 15, 2011

Aunt-to-be

I recently hosted a baby shower for my wonderful sister-in-law (ya, that's right! I'm going to be an Aunt in 6 weeks!).  She is quite the little crafter and has a few very environmentally aware girlfriends that were going to be in attendance.  Pressure was on to come up with a non-cheesy, craftyish, ecofriendly favour for the guests.  I decided to give each guest a potted indoor plant but I had some difficulties finding 12 healthy matching plants.  I hit a local nursery and came across a bunch of rosemary plants that smelled fantastic.  An edible, useful and ecofriendly party favour. Score!  I was very pleased with how they turned out.  The pots were from IKEA for .99 cents each, the rosemary plants were $1.00 each and a bag of potting soil was $2.59. I'm no math teacher but I I think the total cost was about $2.50 a person - YA! 

1 comment:

Me said...

These were absolutely adorable and thoughtful Jill! Thank you so much for all of your effort that day!!! You will definitely be a fantastic aunt!!!!!
(not too sure on the 6 weeks though.... I feel it might be a little before that!!! :o) )
xoxoxoxox