Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad

I've mentioned before that I love spinach and try to slip it into many dishes that I make.  Spinach salad with sliced fruit is my favourite!  Tonight I made a huge salad with a homemade honey dressing with baked chicken breast.  Quick & easy - just the way I like 'em.

Salad
Bowl of baby spinach
4 strawberries, sliced
6 pecans, chopped (I quickly warmed them in a frying pan with a drop of butter)
goat cheese

Dressing
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice concentrate
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
salt & pepper to taste
*this is enough dressing for more then one salad.  Half if you don't want leftovers

Mix everything together. I always have a few mason jars on hand for mixing up homemade dressings.

Baked Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
various spices

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Roll chicken in your favourite spices (My husband is obsessed with Montreal steak spice so that is what I put on his and I put rosemary, basil, oregano and thyme on mine). Bake in a ovenproof baking dish, uncovered for 25 minutes.

No comments: