Wednesday, December 22, 2010

F'n groceries...

Groceries...ugh.  No matter how hard I try to make grocery shopping a calm, relaxing and orderly experience I just can't seem to get there.  I've tried bringing my husband, I've tried stopping off to grab a latte at Starbucks beforehand, I've tried making organized lists, I've tried going before 'rush hour'.  Nothing works.  There's no denying it - I HATE GROCERY SHOPPING.  Perhaps it's the long process of getting to the grocery store from my house that gets me agitated, or that fact that items like marshmallows are NEVER where you think they should be,  but every time I grab a cart I have this almost uncontrollable desire to ram my cart into the back of innocent peoples' ankles.  True story.  More than a few times I've had family and friends run into me at the grocery store and comment later on how unpleasant I was.  To all of you who I have run into and who I will run into in the future, my sincerest apologies....and....watch your ankles.

2 comments:

sugarplum14 said...

haha.. you were totally pleasant yesterday. I was frazzled. I hate the grocery store. I also, coincidentally hate this time of year. LOL.. So don't worry.. we've all been there!ty

Anjie said...

oh my god, i feel the same way. i think it's cuz i get really weirded out by being hemmed in with a bunch of people i don't know all sort of aimlessly milling around me...blocking aisles with their carts, walking too slow, standing RIGHT IN FRONT of whatever i need to get for an excessively long time. that and everyone in the grocery store always seems to be in a crap mood. it must be something in the air that just makes you want to punch everyone around you