Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pinecroft & Winter Wheat

My Mama was here for a few days for a visit and since I've been out of town so much this summer, I wanted to spend an entire day touring around my neck of the woods with her.  It was a gorgeous day yesterday so we hit a few different spots.  One place I had never been before that I kept hearing about was Pinecroft.  This is a little tearoom and pottery shop out in the woods with few walking trails and the family dog Missy walking around to greet you (or to score food). If you live in the London area this is a fantastic place to visit.  It was fairly busy for a Friday afternoon so I suggest if you are going on a weekend to call ahead to make reservations.  They only serve lunch so don't expect to show up for an evening meal.  The food is pure home cooking --Sandwiches, crepes, soup that is amaze-balls and delicious desserts. When we got out of the car we were immediately greeted by the delicious aroma of homemade tomato soup. Delish! We ate lunch under sky-high trees as the sun peeks through the leaves.  It was a perfect mommy/daughter date.

After lunch we headed over to Winter Wheat, another place that you ought to visit if you haven't done so already. Their candles are to die for.  I cannot visit without purchasing one. Added another one to my candle cupboard. Yes, cupboard. I might have a problem. Anyways, the grounds are beautiful so be sure to take your camera (but not your doggy -- they aren't allowed). My Mother and I have both visited there more then a few times and it never gets old.  They even have free tea and cookies in one of their cabins. One of my favourite places to visit in this area - It is so serine.

Pinecroft

 
Winter Wheat

No comments: