Thursday, August 29, 2013

Green Thumb

It occurred me recently that there is a lot of shit I am terrible at and I'm ok with it.  As the years pass I have definitely become much more self aware. I know what pisses me off so I try to avoid those situations (grocery stores on the weekend).  I know what makes me happy so I try to create those moments as often as possible (drinks at the beach).  I know what I'm good at and where I need a little a lot of help. Gardening --- I certainly need a lot of help in this department. Look at my pathetic plants. It is beyond me  how I have managed to keep my dog alive for 5 years...

A beautiful hanging basket


Marigold's in our flower box


Parsley in the herb garden
Fake is the way to go...

1 comment:

Jinny McCreary said...

Jill, you are absolutely right. You pretty much suck at keeping plants alive. Unfortunately, you did not inherit our family genetic trait of having a "green thumb" which is pervasive in our family. The secret is watering the poor things.

I totally get it. I happen to be very good at it but it is not because I particular like it--it is because I am determined/have been trained to keep things green. Maybe when I am MUCH older, I will like it. I did notice you have one very healthy plant in your home office which is thriving. Well done!!

Your dog Rylee is thriving as well as Eric. It has to do with love. How to go!! It is a lot of extra work and hiring a gardener might be an option.

I love you no matter what,
Mom