Saturday, August 31, 2013

If I were famous...

I'd last one minute. The thought of being watched every minute of every day is too much for this girl to handle.  I wouldn't even get to sneak a pick in the car or buy granny panties without it being splashed across the cover of US weekly. I digress. As a teacher I often like to start class with something called community circle.  Either myself or a student poses a  question to the class and it gives to students a chance to get to know one another.  Sometimes they are deep, philosophical type questions and other times they are quick and simple. One question a student asked was "If you were famous what product would you feel fully comfortable endorsing?". Nice one kid, I like it.  If I were famous I would be very choosy about what products to endorse.  I've mentioned before that I don't like gadgets.  I like multipurpose things like all purpose cleaners, clothing I can wear all year, and décor that can work in many different spaces. A few months ago my husband and I fell in love and not with each other. His name is Robbie and he's compact, sleek and hard working.  When I first heard of the Roomba I thought it was the biggest crock of shit I had ever heard in my life (besides those bras on As Seen on TV that claim to tame DDD cannons). I kid you not, the Roomba works. I don't have kids but I do have one hairy ass dog that sheds all year round so our floors were never completely clean.  We have this sweet little guy scheduled to vacuum once a day at 11am while we are at work.  I get home from work to vacuum lines on the carpets, spotless floors and a Roomba full of a dog hair.  All I have to do is empty him and he's ready to go for the next scheduled cleaning. He cleans for about 45 minutes and then docks himself when his battery runs low.  We scored ours Pet Series Roomba at Costco for $350.  We've had him since May and it has been hands down the best money I've ever spent. To my sister-in-law and her husband who introduced us to Robbie, thank you.  Our lives are forever better.


1 comment:

Jinny McCreary said...

My daughter is completely correct. I saw the commercials about Robby the vacuum and thought it to be in the same category as the bras which by the way, I have received nine and returned them. (The twins were not happy with them and the twins have to be happy for Jinny to be happy!) but on seeing it working, it is amazing and so sci-fi! She is hooked and I am very impressed with it. Even the dog has accepted it as a friend. I now digress. If I was asked to endorse something, it would be the Zumba exercising add. The guy is amazingly built but I truly feel he drinks too much coffee.

Jill's loving mother, Jinny