Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Egg Casserole

I wasn't entirely sure how many people were coming for brunch so I needed something that would feed a big group. I decided on an egg casserole with ham, cheese and veggies. I served it with my mom's homemade chili sauce.  Yum!

Ingredients
1 cup cooked ham, cubed
1 onion, diced
1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2  of a red pepper, diced
6 mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup asparagus, chopped
12 eggs
1 cup milk
3/4 cup half & half cream
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Salt & pepper to taste

MethodCook onion in a frying pan over medium heat with a splash of olive oil.  Remove from heat when they are tender (ew, gross word). In a bowl beat eggs. Mix in cream, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix remaining ingredients into bowl. Transfer to a greased 13 X 9 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.

No comments: