Saturday, March 26, 2011

Inspired Cheese Ball

A good friend of ours is amazing at making cheese balls. A master with his balls, if you will.  He has yet to reveal his secret recipe so I had to do a little ball experimenting last night.  My ball turn out pretty well, but his is far superior. Here's the recipe I came up with. 

Ingredients
1 cup (1 package) light cream cheese
1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup mayo
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tbsp dried parsley flakes (for decorating the outside of the ball)

Throw everything except the parsley flakes into a stand mixer.  Mix on medium for about 1 minute or until everything is mixed.  Form into a ball and sprinkle parsley flakes.  Put into fridge to firm your ball.  Serve with crackers.

*Next time:  I'd like to add a little kick to my ball by adding some crushed chili pepper flakes. I'd also like to mix crushed pecans with the parsley flakes.  Let's face it, balls and nuts go hand-in-hand.



Writing 'balls' that many times in one post gave me so much joy.

1 comment:

Jinny said...

Very funny comment Jill--"balls and nuts go hand in hand". Good one. This might be good to bring for Easter dinner.??

Love you,
Mom