Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Two Bite Brownies


I purchased a mini muffin tray about a month ago and have yet to put it to use. I decided on homemade two bite brownies - a lower fat recipe when compared to store bought brownies. They turned out GREAT! I will definitely been making these again.

1/4 c butter, softened
1 1/4 c sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. instant espresso or coffee, dissolved in 1 tsp. water
1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar with electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs, vanilla and coffee and mix until well blended and smooth. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture and stir by hand just until combined. Spoon the batter mini muffin cups that have been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until puffed but still soft to the touch. Do not overbake! Test with toothpick. Makes 24 brownies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look really good!

Jinny said...

My daughter-in-law Mandi and myself popped a few of these little puppies when no one was watching and they were terrific.
I will be using this recipe for cooking with my special needs kids at school.

Jinny/Mom