Sunday, September 12, 2010

Artichoke Dip & Pita Chips


My husband is working hard in the basement today so I decided to put together a yummy lunch for him. We both love meals that are made up of appetizers so I thought this would be a perfect Sunday lunch. I made the dip recipe up as I went a long and was happy with the results. The baked pita chips idea came from a good friend, Jenny (check out her awesome craft blog www.craftylittlebiatch.blogspot.com) who shared this idea with me a few weeks ago. I believe she made hers with Parmesan cheese on top but I thought with the creamy dip this might be a little too much. Thanks for the inspiration Jenny.

Artichoke Dip
1/2 package light cream cheese
1/2 c 1% plain yogurt or light sour cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 artichoke hearts, finely chopped
1/4 c Parmesan cheese

Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to an oven safe dish. Cook at 375 degrees for 17 minutes, until bubbly. Double recipe if feeding more than two. We ate about 3/4 of this for a meal.

Pita Chips
1 1/2 whole wheat pitas
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp butter, melted

Cut pitas into triangles. Rip each triangle along the seam to create two pieces. lay out on a cookie sheet. Mix butter and garlic powder together. Brush mixture onto the pitas. Put in oven for at 375 degrees (while dip is cooking!), for 2-4 minutes. Keep your eye on them because they brown quickly. Serve warm with dip. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out Jill! I indeed do use parmesan. I brush them with olive oil, then sprinkle with parmesan and oregano or parsley depending on the mood. They are awesome with guacamole!! I love it!