Tuesday, September 14, 2010

...too good to be true.


In a previous post I gloated about our fabulous Ontario peaches this year and not getting a bad one....yet. I jinxed it. I bought about 12 at the grocery store late last week, bit into one on the weekend and spat it out (that's what she said). It had a sand like texture. I'm not much of a waster when it comes to food (my Mama taught me well), so I decided to bake a peach crisp. A few weeks ago I did a peach cobbler - this recipe is far better than that one, in my opinion. This was a yummy treat on this cool fall evening.

7 peaches, peeled, pitted & sliced
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c rolled oats
1/4 c flour (all purpose or whole wheat)
1/4 c butter, not quite all the way melted (do you like my technical description?)
1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon (depending on how much you like it)

Put sliced peaches in a baking dish. In a bowl mix brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon together. Drizzle butter over top and mix. Sprinkle/spread over peaches. Cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. This recipe can be used with apples too. Yummy!!! Serve with vanilla ice cream.

1 comment:

Jinny said...

Jill, what are the chances you would get a bad batch of peaches during a years that has had the most magnificant crop in decades? I am glad you made good use of them.

Love Mom