Saturday, September 18, 2010

Basil Galour...

The beautiful basil plant my Mom gave me a few months ago is still kicking!  It sits on our kitchen counter and is put to good use frequently. For my school lunches I've been taking tomato salad that was inspired by my friend Leah, who brought a similar one to a poolside ladies lunch this past summer. For all of you tomato lovers out there...ENJOY!

4-5 plum tomatoes, diced
splash of olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp red wine vinegar
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
salt & pepper
goat cheese, crumbled (amount is up to you!)

Gently mix all ingredients together in a leak proof container. It's more tasty if you make it the night before you eat it so the awesome basil flavour infuses its' way through the tomatoes and cheese. Yum!

1 comment:

Jinny said...

Wow Jil!! Not only are your recipes good but your pictures are very artistic. I am jealous of all your tomatoes. To me, they are the food of the gods.

Love you lots,
Mom