Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Fav Chocolate Chip Cookies :)


For Christmas last year a dear friend of mine gave me the perfect gift - Baker's Chocolate Classic Recipes Cookbook. It is here that I found my favorite chocolate chip recipe. They are my go-to cookie recipe. I just made a big batch of these to take up to the family hunt camp last weekend - I've never seen 3 dozen cookies go so fast! They were a hit.

1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c butter or marg, softened (NOT melted... learned that the hard way!)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chunks)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars(that's what she said) in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by heaping tbsp onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 11 - 13 minutes. Remove from tray immediately and put on cooling rack. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
***Note: A lot of people neglect to remove cookies from baking sheets right away. If you don't the cookies continue to brown and become hard when the are cooled. The trick with these cookies is to take them out of the oven BEFORE they start to brown. They might seem a little under cooked but they aren't - they are meant to be slightly chewy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious, those look tasty!

B said...

I just realize that I am your dear friend that gave you that book! hahahaha I am such a looser that I haven't read this recipe yet. Just to let you know I am making them tonight. Can't wait to taste these delicious treats! Thank you!

B said...

So just to let you know I have made these cookies on three separate occasions in the last 2 weeks and they are amazing!!! Thank you!

JILL said...

Glad you like 'em! Thank YOU Beth for giving me this cookbook for Christmas. It's gotten a lot of play this year, thats for sure! xo