Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One Dish Chicken & Broccoli


Campbell's soup to the rescue!  This recipe is modified from a can of Cream of Chicken Campbell's Soup.  I'm pumped that it only took one pan to make, especially since I enjoy doing dishes just about as much as I enjoy grocery shopping (details here).  To be honest, I don't enjoy chicken all that much (too bland for this guys taste buds), so I have to flavour the 'f out of it.  This recipe does just that.  I served it with boiled red potatoes seasoned with butter, salt and pepper.




Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 large crown broccoli, cut into pieces
1 green onion, chopped (or about 4 tablespoons of diced regular onion)

Method
Heat olive oil in a large fry pan and add chicken.  Brown chicken on each side (about 4 minutes each side).  Add onions and cook about 3 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 7-10 minutes (or until broccoli is cooked to preference).  Serve over rice or with a side of potato.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Sounds delicious! Where did the $%^t my students say section go? I was looking forward to that feature!

JILL said...

I took it off. I decided that it might be linked to closely to my profession and I sort of want to keep my job. ha! Maybe I'll add it back at some point in the future...