Sunday, September 21, 2014

Yet another Banana Muffin recipe

I realize that I post a lot of muffin recipes on my blog but I can't help it. Muffins are so handy to have around for easy to grab breakfast, snack or dessert. I did a double batch this time around so I could pop some in the freezer for later. I have a few different banana muffin recipes on my blog but I thought I'd try out yet another. Hope you like 'em too.

Yield: 12 muffins
Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1 cup mashed banana (2 medium ripe bananas)
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce

Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin (if you use paper cups make sure to grease them too since there is no butter or oil in this recipe). Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and mix well. In another bowl mix all wet ingredients. Add together and mix well. Spoon into muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.

No comments: