Sunday, September 28, 2014

Can't Live Without You - 3rd Edition

It's crazy how shit changes in the matter of days around here, and I'm not talking exclusive about poop. Peanut will be 6 months old in a few short days and that blows my freakin' mind. She has become such a little lady and definitely isn't a newborn baby anymore. She has developed quite a personality and it's so lovely to feel like I actually know her now. Anywho, here is a list of our can't live without you items from the last few months.

1. Bath Sponge - this thing cost a whopping $8.00 and is perfect for little peanut in the bathtub. So sliding around and she seems so cozy laying on it.

2. Gardening kneeling pads - My husband and I like to do bath time together (often with our puppy's head resting on our shoulders, watching) and our gardening pads save our knees. I grabbed them from Walmart for $3 a piece.

3. Plastic Rings - Oh man! These things have provided hours of entertainment and teething comfort. I originally bought them to hang toys off of but I quickly found that peanut loves the rings without crap hanging from them. They go everywhere with us. In the stroller, the car, when we go out to eat - super handy because they can snap onto just about anything.

4. Baby Legs - We've been wearing these for the last 3 months, multiple times a week. They are so handy especially when the temperatures are starting to drop in the evening.


5. Bumbleride Indie -  HOLLA! Peanut finally enjoys her stroller. We've been using it a ton and we both love it. It wasn't cheap that's for sure but in my opinion it is worth every dang penny. This is a smooth ride for road and trail walking as well as for jogging. It's only 20 lbs so we take it everywhere with us and it can collapse and fit in the backseat even with peanut's car seat in the centre.

6. Small Baby Cloths - In retrospect this should have been on my first and second list as well. We have a ridiculous amount of these clothes - 45 to be exact! At first I felt crazy keeping all of them (we got them as gifts) but I quickly realized those little bastards were great for everything! When we were bottle feeding for the first 6 weeks we would use them as a bib to keep peanut clean and dry. Peanut had a blocked tear ducts for 5.5 months which required up to massage her eye up to 10 times daily with a warm cloth. BAM! good thing we had 45 to choose from. I am now using them to wash off the never-ending doggy kisses, for bath time and spit ups and I always carry a few in my purse just in case.

Items we still cannot live without:
- Jump-a-roo
- Floor play mat
- U pillow (now used to help peanut sit up on her own)
- Noise machine! Life saver!
- BioGaia probiotics
- Sleep sacks (peanut is no longer swaddled! YAHOO!)


No comments: