Monday, September 1, 2014

Nuts & Bolts



Growing up the holiday season always included a massive batch of my Mom's homemade Nuts and Bolts. They were awesome! I never really considered making them myself until I was at the grocery store and I noticed cereal was on big time sale. Perfect! I realize it's no where near Christmas time (well, sort of - 16 Friday's until Christmas!), but I love me some good ol' salty snacks so I thought, why not. Warning: This stuff is addictive!




Ingredients
1/2 box Cheereos (regular or multigrain)
1/2 Shreddies
1/2 large bag of stick pretzels
2 cups mixed nuts (salted & roasted)
3/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Method
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large roasting pan pour in cereals, pretzels and nuts. In a small bowl melt butter in microwave. Whisk all spices into melted better. Pour evenly over cereal mixture.  Bake for 1 hour stirring mixture every 10 minutes. Let cool and store in tins or Tupperware and eat the shit out of this stuff. So.addictive.damn.

No comments: