Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Twice-Baked Potatoes

I promised you I'd be back to give you the inside scoop on the twice-baked potatoes I made a few nights ago for the freezer. The verdict - YUUUUUMMY! They are super easy to make and you can toss them in the freezer to use when you don't feel like cooking. My husband and I both agreed that you could easily get away with eating 1/4 of one of these since they are so filling. Your call. Umm, I should also tell you that I think I'm obsessed with freezer cooking.  I came home from work yesterday and made a ridiculously large batch of spicy sausage pasta sauce for the freezer.  There will be a lot of lazy woman freezer recipes coming your way over the next few months. You can always count on me for ways to cut corners. You.are.welcome. 

Yields: 6 halves

Ingredients
3 large baking potatoes, washed
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup cream cheese (fat free or regular)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup milk
1 green onions, chopped
salt & pepper
1/2 cup old Cheddar cheese, grated

Method
Lightly spray washed potatoes with cooking spray and place on a cookie sheet.  Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes on 350 degrees. Remove from oven. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut potatoes in half lengthwise.  Spoon out the inside of the potatoes leaving a thin layer of potato attached to the skins. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer combine potato guts, butter, cream cheese, garlic, milk, onions, salt and pepper until creamy.  Spoon back into potatoes and top with grated cheese.
If cooking immediately: Bake in oven for 15 additional minutes at 350 degrees
If freezing: Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and put into a freezer bag.
If cooking from frozen: Cover slightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover for 15 additional minutes.

BOO to the YA. 
 

No comments: