Sunday, January 20, 2013

Freezer Cooking

For Christmas my ridiculously generous and thoughtful Mother bought us a stand up freezer for our basement - BOOYA!  We picked it up last weekend and I have been dreaming about what to fill it with (that's what he said) every since.  The thought of being able to buy multiples of an item when it goes on sale and tossing it in the freezer makes me more excited then it should. I know, I know. I'm a loser. Shut it. Today I scored some pretty great prices on some meat so I decided to put together 10 crock pot freezer meals that I had pinned over on my Pinterest page.  I have to say it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.  It took me 2 hours total, that's with prep and clean up.  I had wished to do more however I didn't plan all that well and ran out of tomato sauce.  Chicken wasn't on sale this week so I only did beef and pork meals. I'm not going to post recipes until the hubster and I actually try each of them --- that way if they are ass I can adapt the recipe I post so you guys don't end up making something nasty.  Tonight we are trying one item I made so I will keep you posted.  It wasn't for the crock pot but they do keep well in the freezer apparently.  Twice-baked potatoes -- sounded like a good side to go with chicken wings while we watch the football games on this COOOOOLD Sunday.  I will be back shortly to do a potato update. Peace out kids. 

No comments: