Friday, March 30, 2012

Dance Mixes & Avocado Pie

On St. Patrick's day my husband and I were on day 2 of withdrawal from our trip to Jamaica and decided that we needed food, company and lots of drinks asap.  We invited some peeps over for green beer and pizza and to celebrate St. Patty's day in style and spent the evening laughing, drinking and listening to old school dance mix CD's, circa 1993-1999.  Our fav of the night - dancemix '93. Oh, the memories! When did I get so old? I digress....story of my life!

My lovely lady friends brought some very yummy treats for dessert, including chocolate chip cookies, Guinness cupcakes with Bailey's icing, and avocado pie!  I'm drooling just thinking about them.  The avocado pie is something that I was absolutely blown away by.  My friend got the recipe from a blog called 'How About Orange' which is definitely worth checking out.  Here is the recipe.  Hope you like it as much as we did! Thanks JC :)

Ingredients
2 peeled avocados
½ cup fresh lemon juice
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
9" graham cracker crust
whipped cream (I had it without this and it was great!)

Method
In a blender put the peeled avocado and ½ cup lemon juice. Pulse a couple of times. Add condensed milk and blend till creamy. Pour into the pie shell and refrigerate for 1 hour. Add whipped cream when serving.

No comments: