Monday, March 19, 2012

Tin Foil Chicken on the BBQ

Western Ontario is currently experiencing ah-maaaaazing weather! When I rolled in from work with the sunroof open, windows down and my tunes cranked (Jay-Z; I'm gangsta like that), I decided that I would be ridiculous not to BBQ something for dinner.  I had 4 chicken thighs in the fridge so I decided on a tin foil package dinner.  Super-duper easy and hardly any dishes. Cha-ching!




Ingredients
4 chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
2 medium potatoes, skin on, cubed (I used peeled sweet potato in my foil package)
1 carrot, sliced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 yellow pepper, chopped
A few mushrooms
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
sprinkle of your fav herbs/spices (I used paprika, rosemary, basil, thyme, oregano and garlic powder)

Method
Throw everything in a bowl and mix until coated. Separate everything into two servings.  Wrap each serving in tin foil and chuck onto the BBQ over medium/high heat (350ish degrees) for 40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.  Rotate once half way through.

No comments: