Saturday, March 24, 2012

Individual Portions

This morning my husband and I had a great visit with a very dear friend.  Great company, coffee, laughs and doughnuts from Spicer's - can't get much better (ok, ok, maybe if we were visiting on the beach in Jamaica it would make it a teeny bit better!).  My lovely lady friend has been feeling under-the-weather so I wanted to bring her some grub to toss in her freezer.  I opted for homemade carrot soup found here.  I wanted to make it easy to warm up so I froze it in individual portions.  Someone please tell me why I have never considered doing this before!!  I'm always making large batches of soups, chili's and stews so that I can toss some in the freezer and always end up freezing in a large container. No more of that.  Here is the simple process;

1. Cook the goods
2. Pour into cereal bowls
3. Place bowls in freezer over night
4. Fill sink with 2 inches of hot water and place bowls in for 1 minute
5. Flip bowl over and the goods will pop out (might need a little help by sliding a knife down the edge)
6.  Place into freezer bags & label with a sharpie
7. Toss back in the freezer

ps: am I the only one who likes to take a whiff of the sharpie when I use it?....

No comments: