Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pizza Muffins

Picture from www.foodbeast.com
Last night we got together with my husbands side of the family to celebrate a few birthdays.  His youngest sister has recently taken up crafting, baking and cooking (thanks to Pinterest!) and made an incredibly tasty appetizer.  I've mentioned more then a few times that in love with pizza so you can imagine my excitement when I saw PIZZA MUFFINS fresh out of the oven when I arrived at the in-laws last night.  They were yummy, easy to eat and apparently relatively easy to make.  My sister-in-law made them in a regular sized muffin tray but we collectively decided that they would be even more awesome as bite sized muffins.  I will certainly make these in the future :) yummmmers.

The following recipe was taken from here!

Ingredients
3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
I cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup pepperoni, cubed
1/2 cup pizza sauce
2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil

Method
Preheat oven to 375o. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through, then stir in 1 Tablespoon basil. Sprinkle the muffins with the remaining 1 Tablespoon basil. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

1 comment:

Jinny said...

Jill, these look really good and I am going to make some for when Brian and his crew come. I will let you know how they turn out.

How the heck does one print a specific item from your blog? I have been through different methods but there has to be an easier way.

I love you,
Mom