Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spinach & Cheese Dip (updated recipe)

My go-to appetizer is definitely my spinach dip that I first introduced you to here.  It seems that every family get together I attend I am requested to bring this yummy dip, and this weekend was no exception. I made a few minor alterations to the original recipe and my family agreed that the changes were good ones. Here it is. Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 package light cream cheese
1/2 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained (or 2 handfuls of fresh spinach chopped)
3-4 tablespoons onions, diced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup grated medium cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Method
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Throw everything except a little cheddar cheese and the paprika into a bowl and mix until just incorporated. Transfer mixture to a small ovenproof dish and top with remaining cheddar and paprika. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes. Serve with baked pita wedges, tortilla chips or naan bread. SOOOOOOOOOOO delish!

No comments: