Sunday, November 30, 2014

Mama's Shortbread Cookies

A few days ago while peanut was napping I decided to get my bake on. I asked the hubby what Christmas cookies he wanted and he insisted that I make squares. Sorry, that wasn't an option buddy. Maybe later. So I decided on chewy ginger cookies and my Mom's shortbread cookies. My mom makes the best shortbread cookies ever. They are crumbly, buttery and melt in your mouth. So.So.Yummy. They taste better when she makes them but here is the recipe.

Yield: About 48 cookies

Ingredients
1 pound butter (1 block), room temperature
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour

Method
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter and sugar until very fluffy. Add vanilla. In a bowl mix cornstarch and flour and slowly beat into butter mixture. drop by tablespoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet. The key to this is do not form them into an shapes or press them down. Let them take on the natural 'blob' shape (I'm sure that's a technical cooking term). Bake for about 18 minutes or until edges start to become golden.

No comments: