Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Chicken Taco Soup - Crock Pot Style

Last week I was at a colleagues house for a play date (let's be real, it wasn't for the babies) and she served a yummy, hardy taco soup. Here is my adaption of the recipe she gave me. I am thrilled with how it turned out and will certainly be making this one of my crock pot staples. My daughter LOVES it!

Yield: 1 large crockpot full!
Ingredients
4 chicken breasts (not frozen!)
1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup tomato/clamato juice (optional - if you omit this just add 1 additional cup of stock)
1 packet ranch powder (found beside the salad dressings at the store -- took me a while!)
1 packet taco seasoning (I used my homemade taco seasoning that I have on hand)
2 teaspoons dried pepper flakes (optional)

Method
Toss everything in the crockpot (chicken at the bottom) and cook on low for 6-8 hours (depends on your crockpot). Remove chicken breast and shred with two forks and return to crock pot to incorporate with the other ingredients. Serve with sour cream and grated cheese on top. So.so.good.


No comments: