Friday, November 15, 2013

The First Trimester

To be honest, I thought since we went through hell and back to become pregnant that that gracious powers above would make my pregnancy an absolute breeze.  Oh, how naive I was! I experienced a solid 14 weeks of all-day nausea paired with exhaustion.  It's sad to say, but I eventually got used to the fact that I wanted to puke every minute of every day.  The nausea would wake me up from a deep sleep and I found myself  spending a great deal of time standing in the bathroom staring at my beautiful scary reflection while trying to keep down saltine and gold fish crackers.  A sick part of me enjoyed the nausea because it let me know that our babes was doing its' thing in my belly. By week 15 the nausea subsided for the most part.  Cue the raging headaches.  While the exhaustion and nausea has moved on, my head often feels like it might combust at any given moment.  My amazing OB has me booked in to see a neurologist to make sure everything is a-ok but her and I both are fairly confident that it's the raging hormones that are causing the raging headaches.  Regardless of the 'side effects' of carrying this gift in me I am so beyond thrilled and blessed to be able to experience this. Emotionally I have felt great the entire time. Fingers crossed that the headaches dissipate and the emotional stability remains throughout the next two trimesters -- for everyone's sake!  Bring on week 17! My advice to anyone in the first trimester...

I might be having too much fun making these....

No comments: