Sunday, November 17, 2013

One Dish Chicken Alfredo

Today was a good day!  No headaches, no nausea and my energy was relatively normal. On good days I can face cooking (thus the reason my recipe posts have been lacking over the last four months). My husband requested Chicken Alfredo for dinner tonight so I hit the internet. I stumbled across this recipe that claimed a tasty meal in just one dish. Less dishes?! Less time?! Sign me up! I didn't follow this recipe to a T (shocking, I know), but it turned out pretty tasty!  Not restaurant quality since there is no butter used and I used half and half instead of heavy cream.  Trust me, your arteries will thank you since it does have a cup of cheese in it. Hope you enjoy!

Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup half and half cream
1/2 cup milk
3/4 box of smart pasta (about three cups), uncooked
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (more if desired)

Method
Over medium/high heat warm oil and add chicken cubes and garlic.  Cook chicken until all pink is gone.  Add all remaining ingredients (except the cheese!!!) and bring to a boil (yes, you are adding raw noodles, not cooked noodles).  Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir twice. After 15 minutes add cheese and stir to mix for a few minutes over low heat.  Chances are the cream has separated a bit -- stirring it will make it nice and creamy.  The starch from the pasta really thickens things up.  Enjoy!


No comments: