Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Cheap Decorating Ways

It's no secret that I'm in love with the Christmas season!!!  Yesterday was one of my most favourite days of the year -- Decorating day!  I blasted Christmas tunes (thank you Rogers channel 710), burned pine candles, and drank hot chocolate while I slowly emptied two totes full of Christmas decorations. love.it.love.it.love.it. It occurred to me yesterday that while I love looking at Christmas decorations at the stores I don't like spending money on something that I can only use for 6 weeks of the year. I don't actually own very many Christmas pieces other then tree decorations -- 6 mercury glass Christmas trees, a willow tree nativity scene (a gift), and a sliver reindeer.  The rest of my decorations are my everyday items converted to something festive either by using cheap items from the dollar store or Christmas tree decorations. Check out my cheap decorating ways in the pictures below. Fa'la'la'la'la, la'la'la'LA!

Add ribbon to existing candle holders

Cake stand with a few dollar store decorations


Christmas cards and wrapping paper in frames.
Pinecones from outside with dollar store berries.
Red & white books that I had laying around.


I've seen these suckers sell for up to $20 a piece.
Mine were $2 from the dollar store and I just added ribbon that I had already.

$2 wreath (Michaels with coupon) and $1 dollar store berries.
Everyday candle sticks & tray with Christmas tree decorations on top

Folded cozy blankets and dollar store berries in my everyday vase

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh Ohh Ohh... I love it all. You are always so creative Jill Taylor!

You are fantastic! xoxo