Sunday, September 8, 2013

Great Lake Farms

Today was filled with clear blue skies, warm weather and apple picking!  A group of very dear friends and I hit up Great Lake Farms, a local apple orchard that just opened for their apple season. We visited with each other, picked apples, played, and celebrated the life of a very special woman. Even though the weather was about 10 degrees too hot to be officially Fall, it definitely felt like a Fall day with all the fall traditions.  I have a counter full of ripe, delicious apples that I look forward to devouring (...and baking with if I get around to it).  If you visit the Port Stanley area make sure you stop by for a few hours.  There is a ton to do - a park, wagons, tractor rides, animals, pumpkins, pears, apples, and a cute little bake shop. You don't even need a family to go - I showed up solo (my husband was out of town) and I had a blast.

Happy Fall everyone (well, sort of -- 14 more days).  Now I should probably go grab a Pumpkin Spiced Latte and then light my Winter Wheat candle to go with the whole Fall feeling I have going on...



No comments: