Sunday, September 22, 2013

Eyes Peeled, Always

Life is precious, beautiful, and a little fu#ked up sometimes. I told you a while back that when I find a blog I tend to become very invested in the lives of the writers.  I check my blog list religiously and think about these strangers all of the time.  I love the raw honesty that most people pour into their blogs. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Today I found out that the world lost one of the most honest and talented blog writers I've ever stumbled across. I have been following Karin Diamond's 'Eyes Peeled, Always' blog for 3 years and although I never had the pleasure of meeting her in real life her and I did exchange a few Facebook messages with her here and there. She was in the fight of her life and shared every nitty gritty detail along the way.  I followed her story because I admired her.  I admired her ability to say it how it was, and to savour every beautiful minute of life.  Even in the shittiest of times she was able to see beauty.  I strive to be like her.  She was my age -- far too young to go. While I don't have cancer, I do have my own difficulties I am dealing with (as we all do), and found her posts to be uplifting, despite the difficult situation Karin found herself in. She had a way of finding that silver lining no matter how thin it might have been. I highly suggest you start at the beginning of Karin's story and savour each word.  She was a true talent.

My heart goes out to her family, husband, and friends during the difficult time.  Karin will be missed by many but her spirit will live on through her beautiful writing she has left behind. 


Find her blog here



1 comment:

Nina said...

thank you Jill for sending this blog on yes Karin will continue to be an inspiration and a strength for all who have followed her blog and now those that read it because you have posted it on your blog.
I hope all is thriving in your life and all is well. I enjoy your blog - don't comment much - but the recipes and thoughts are great. Nina