Saturday, December 8, 2012

Rushed Ribs

Over the last couple of years I have learned more about myself than I have it the 10 years prior to that.  Do I dare say that I'm maturing!? Hmm, maybe that's what happens when you turn 30. Doubtful. Whatever the reason, I'll take it.  This new self awareness has helped me realized what makes me 'tick' and why I act, think and feel the way I do.  I'm not going to sit here in list all of my idiosyncrasies but I will tell you that I have learned that although I get an huge satisfaction from being organized, I HATE routine.  I've mentioned before that the very thought of meal planning gives me heart palpitations. This hangup I have can be problematic when I want to use a recipe that requires planning ahead.  I scored back ribs on sale from Foodland and had intended on dropping them in the slow cooker before running out the door for work but completely forgot. Dammit. When I got home from work at 5pm I decided to try a quick approach to making ribs.  I have to say they turned out WAY better then I thought but obviously not as fall-off-the-bone as they would have been if I'd done a slow cooking method.

Ingredients
Pork back ribs
1/2 cup ketchup
 3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup honey
4 tablespoons brown sugar

Method
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place ribs, fat side down in an oven proof dish.  Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and pour over top of the ribs.  Cover dish loosely with foil, allowing steam to escape and cook for 45 minutes.  Remove foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Serve with baked beans and corn. Yum!

No comments: