Friday, December 28, 2012

Gluten Free Appetizer - Artichoke Dip & Tostitos

Picture borrowed from here
I hope that you all had a lovely week of celebrating and spending time with family.  My husband and I have had intensely busy days and laaaaazy days --- it's all about balance, right?!  Tomorrow we are off to our last of four Christmas celebrations.  We've been binging since last Saturday and are looking forward to getting back to our regular eating routine that doesn't include turkey! I foresee a lot of spinach smoothies in the coming weeks.  My brother and his wife have generously offered to host tomorrows gathering and have taken on all of the cooking duties. CHA-CHING.  I have offered to bring an appetizer and decided on using items I have around the house out of pure laziness.  My brothers family is gluten free and I decided on a artichoke dip with tostitos (don't get the whole wheat ones if you want to do a gluten free app). I've made an artichoke dip before (here), but decided to mix it up a bit.

Ingredients
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and minced1/2 cup mayo
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup cheese, grated (whatever you have laying around - I used Havarti)
1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed, drained and minced
1/4 of an onion, minced (I used a mild Spanish onion)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt & pepper

Method
Mix it all together in a stand mixer and transfer to an oven safe dish.  bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until the top is slightly browned. Remove and serve hot :)




No comments: