Saturday, October 13, 2012

Banana Peanut Butter Muffins

Cha-ching! I was in the baking isle at the grocery store the other day and stumbled across a life changer! Peanut butter mini melts, which happen to be the exact cups found in the only ice cream I eat -- Loads of Chocolate Peanut Buttery Treat. Like I said; a life freakin' changer.

I spent the day paint our master bedroom and found myself bagged by 5pm.  After a long soak in the tub I decided to use the 'life changers' and make a batch of banana muffins.  So here I am curled up on the couch watching a PVR'ed episode of 'Parenthood' sampling a muffin. They are delish! So delish in fact, that I just chugged a curdled glass of milk and didn't even notice. True story. Nasty, I know but I don't even care because that muffin was epic (That's what he said). You should know that these are FAR from good for you -- so think of them more like a cupcake and enjoy every GD bite :)

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened (or 1/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup apple sauce)
1 egg
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 large very ripe bananas
3 tablespoons instant coffee dissolved in 2 tablespoons of hot water
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup peanut butter melts (or chocolate chips if you are boring like that)

Method
Mix all wet ingredients and both types of sugars together in a stand mixer until thoroughly mixed. Slowly add dry ingredients until everything is mixed.  Spoon into a greased muffin tin and bake for 23 minutes at 350 degrees or until toothpick comes out clean when muffin is pierced (that's what she said!). Enjoy!

No comments: