Sunday, October 14, 2012

Homemade Starbucks Chai Tea Latte

Picture borrowed from here
Last summer I told you all about my addiction to Chai Tea Lattes from Starbucks.  Those bad boys run about $4.00 for a small  (oh sorry, TALL....pff, what's with those size names anyways?) so I only allow myself to purchase one every three weeks or so. I always wait for a stressful, busy day so it's even more of a treat. Am I the only loser that strategically plans their latte drinking? My thoughtful family and friends know me so well that they often give me Starbucks gift cards for my Birthday or Christmas.  I mentioned here that I found a way to make them at home using the exact same concentrate that Starbucks uses.  The bad news is the price has gone up to about $7.99 (depending on where you get it). The good news is if you cross the border to the USA you can find it at Target for $2.99!  Have you ever been so excited and flustered when you stumble across a great sale that you aren't thinking clearly, you crack under the pressure and make a quick decision that you regret later? Story.of.my.life.That was me as we crossed the border back into Canada. "Dammit, I only bought 8 cartons?! What was I thinking? I should have grabbed 20!". Next time I will enter Target with a plan -- buy an entire skid. lol. There are 2 Targets coming to London, Ontario in the new year -- I wonder how much it will cost there!? The great thing about this product is that there is a Decaf option which is a wonderful evening treat while watching TV. My sister-in-law recently found the concentrate at 'Liquidation World' in her town for $2.00! I'm sure that was just fluke so don't rely on LW to be your constant suppler but it might be worth a peek if you have one where you live.

Yield: One yummy mug full

Ingredients
Tazo Chai Tea Concentrate
Milk

Method
Fill half of your mug with the concentrate and the other half with milk.  Warm on high in your microwave for about 1.5 minutes, or until hot all the way through.  Either stir with a mini whisk or a milk frother and enjoy every heavenly sip. Yeah, I said it. Heav-en-ly. 

No comments: