Saturday, October 13, 2012

Chicken Tacos

On Wednesday I had a few girlfriends over for a ladies night; an evening of catching up, eating and drinking wine. It was a great way to make the week go by a little faster.  We successfully polished off a few bottles of wine but I was left with half a bottle of white that had sat on my counter since.  I'm not a white wine drinker (university ruined it for me!) so tonight I decided to spruce up chicken tacos by simmer the onion, chicken cubes and taco seasoning in wine. I used one of those taco seasoning packets that typically call for 1 cup of water to be added with the seasoning.  Using wine instead of water made the tacos even more awesome. Worth a try if you happen to have extra wine sitting around. HA! I typically use ground chicken when I make tacos however I didn't have any on hand so I cubed up two chicken breasts. My husband and I both agree we prefer this new wine infused chicken cube approach to tacos.  I will definitely be making these again!

Want to make your own taco seasoning? Here's a simple recipe for you that I've used!

Yields enough to make one batch of tacos

 
Method
Add all ingredients to cooked chicken/beef in a skillet and add 1/2 cup of water. Simmer on low for 5 minutes or until most of the water is gone.

No comments: