Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

I've lost my blog ambition. Yup, it's true.  At first I thought it was because I've been so busy transitioning from summer to working my buns off but the more I think about it the more I realize that I'm running low on motivation in the kitchen.  I've written over 230 posts since I started this blog and I'm finally starting to repeat my recipes on a regular basis. I hope that this Fall weather will inspire me to try out some new recipes.  For those of you who check my blog regularly, I'm sorry. I'm a jerk.


Today I went on a long walk with my pup and took some Fall inspired pictures.  When I got home I was in the mood for pumpkin spice muffins. According to my husband who just returned home after a day of harvesting beans, "it smells like Fall in here!".  Mission accomplished. These muffins will be great for a quick breakfast or a snack at work.  I made a maple cream cheese spread to go on top. I dislike cream cheese icing imensely but I'm sure it's tasty...
*The below recipe was adapted from here

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin puree (I tossed the rest in the freezer for later)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I'm wondering if you just add 1/4 cup more of the puree you could omit the oil)
1 tsp vanilla

Method
In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree oil and vanilla.
Stir in dry ingredients. Spoon into greased muffin cups. Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes.

Maple Cream Cheese Icing
1/2 container of light cream cheese
2 tablespoons icing sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup

Using an electric mixer cream together all ingredients. Store in fridge until you want to spread it on your muffin (that's what she said).

1 comment:

Me said...

She really did say that!

Love