Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wedding Bells & Broccoli Salad

I've recently returned home from a 6 day journey across the Province where I celebrated the marriage of two very close friends. The day was perfect - we couldn't have asked for better weather or company. We ate, danced and drank the night away.  I felt an unbelievable amount of love and support in the banquet hall, which brought me to tears a few times. To say that this couple is adored by many is an understatement. Their love for each other, life, their families, and friends is a beautiful thing. Congratulations friends! XOXO

Enough with the mushy-gushy crap, right?! Onto the FOOD. My favourite on the menu - Broccoli Salad. OH MAN! I loved it so much that I hit the grocery store upon arrival home and purchased all the ingredients necessary to make it.  So delish!  Perfect side for anything BBQ'ed.

Yield: 4 sides

Ingredients
1 head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 red onion, chopped small
1/4 cup bacon bits
3 tablespoons shelled unsalted sunflower seeds
small handful dried raisins or cranberries
1/4 cup -1/2 cup light mayo (depending on the amout of broc)
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons white vinegar

Method
Mix mayo, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl.  In a large salad bowl add remaining ingredients and pour dressing over top.  Mix thoroughly. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill you touch my heart every day!!! Your words are so lovely and your food is delish!!!! I am so thankful for you xoxo love JjP ;) xo

Katie said...

Hey - I made this today with lunch- good job!

AND- you are right- that was an amazing part of the wedding buffet!!
xoxoxo J&N-P