Thursday, August 2, 2012

Personalized Pizza Dough

Last night I made homemade pizza for dinner and decided to spruce up my classic dough a little by adding garlic powder, red pepper flakes and rosemary. You can add any of your favourite herbs and spices during the mixing process and make a basic dough have a little more UMPH! 

Last night was the first time I was finally able to put my pizza stone from Pampered Chef to use. I've heard a lot of hype about stone bakeware and decided to purchase my own. Because I co-hosted a Pampered Chef party as a fundraiser at my school, it only ended up costing me $18.00. To be honest, I'm not overly thrilled with how it baked my pizza.  The stone bakes very evenly, however I'm a sucker for a crispy crust so I think I'll stick with my regular pizza pan in the future. I also encountered an issue with the dough sticking to the stone. I think my stone will be put to better use for baking cookies. I'll keep you posted.
My old faithful pan that I'm sticking with!
My stone & dough


I heart pizza.

No comments: