Thursday, August 9, 2012

Breakfast

I've been drinking spinach smoothies every weekday for breakfast since January.  Anyone who knows me would tell you that I'm far from a creature of routine.  I hate routine but for some reason I totally dig having a smoothie on my drive to work every morning. In fact, I look forward to it.  This summer has been crazy busy to say the least and I have been finding myself spending more time away from home then I do at home. Being away from home has caused me to fall off my spinach smoothie wagon. I think traveling with my bucket of spinach and a blender would be a little psycho. My husband and I have been trying out a few new breakfast ideas and have come up with a winner that happens to have all 4 food groups! Can I get a 'woot woot'?! All  food groups means this breakfast will stick to our ribs until lunchtime.  It's quick, simple and can be packed up in a Pyrex and taken to work too. Hope you like it as much as we do!

Yield: 1 Serving
Ingredients
1/3 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt (use Greek for the added protein)
1/4 cup granola (I currently use store bought but plan on making it homemade in the future)
1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh fruit (blueberries are my fav!)
1/4 cup trail mix


No comments: