Monday, July 2, 2012

Hello Summer & hydration!

Summer has officially arrived!  I have two blissful months away from school to visit with friends and family, work on the new pad, read, and relax.  I absolutely love my job, but I have to say that it is a million times more work then anyone could have prepared me for. If it weren't for the summer I don't know if I'd make it through. 3 years later and I am just now getting used to the fact that I have to time out my pee breaks, and therefore my coffee and water drinking schedule. Summer not only means freedom from the students but for me it also means freedom to drink numerous coffees in the morning and an enormous amount of water. My oh my, it's the small things in life!

Last summer I challenged myself to walk or jog 5km ever day Monday-Friday and I did it...kicking and screaming.  This summer I plan on getting on an indoor workout routine (I have A/C now afterall!) and drink 10 cups of water every single day.  I rarely take any type of medication, even if I have a headache and often find that drinking 2 huge glasses of water makes a world of difference if I'm not quite feeling like myself.  It is for that reason that I am challenging myself to a water drink-off.  How will I accomplish this?  Premeasure water every morning and make it look pretty! I own a glass jug that holds 10 cups perfectly.  Add a handfull of assorted frozen fruit. I use whatever I have on hand for my daily morning spinach smoothies found here and here. There you have it.  Easy, peasy.

Happy Hydrating!   

No comments: