Thursday, December 15, 2011

Power Through

Let's face it, life can throw us some pretty crappy situations.  Just when you don't think you can handle one other thing, that one other thing happens. The amazing thing is, you always get through it.  We are all capable of powering through the craziest $h!t and when you get to the other side you think 'whoa, how did I survive that?'. There are so many little things that seem to help me power through the B.S. Here are some of my favourite pick-me-ups in no particular order:
  • A Starbucks beverage of any sort
  • Snail mail
  • A compliment from a stranger (or student!)
  • My family!
  • A pep talk from a good friend
  • Going out for dinner with my husband
  • Candles (Pine or pumpkin spice scents are my fav!)
  • Going on a walk with my pup
  • Will Farrell movies
  • Flowers - my amazing Mother sent me flowers 2 weeks ago!  How thoughtful!
  • Text messages in the middle of the day
  • A dirty joke
  • Red wine
  • Music
For those of you going through a tough time right now try to do a few little pick-me-up things for yourself.  For those of you who aren't going through a tough time right now, do something nice for someone who is.  It quite possibly could be the pick-me-up that they need to get through...

~ Dr. Phil Jill
 

1 comment:

Jinny McCreary said...

Jill, how about a really good dog kiss, a snuggle with a nephew/grandson, a hug from anyone or a really good theraputic message?? Just a thought.

Love Mom